Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Intravenous de Milo

Let's discuss hangovers. They actually can be fun, like yesterday: food, tv, laying around and more food. Fun times right? But what about when you have to go to work? Even if its not a horrible hangover, its horrible.

You walk in, and it feels like all eyes are on you. You feel dehydrated, but coffee needs to happen first to get a little jolt of life back into yourself. For some reason, I don't like people to know I'm hungover, so the goal of my shift is to not let people see how retarded I feel. And that's why I can't have coffee and water and a soda at the same time; which is what I really want. So I slam an iced coffee, then have a water and then a soda. And then more water, god I'm really dehydrated.

People want to talk to me and it sucks. I have to try to look them in the eyes and I feel like they can just tell how much I drank the previous night. I know this isn't true, because how often do you notice when someone else is hungover when they don't tell you or make it obvious?

I should have been a rock star, or an actor or an artist; I could drink like one. I should have been an ad man in the 60's. I wish I was a little bit taller...

I've become bored of this rant. There is more I want to say, it will come later. I'm watching Spinal Tap and I feel myself just wanting to quote it. Smell the glove bitches.

1 comment:

  1. three beverage hangovers are equally the best and worst kind.

    ReplyDelete