Thursday, March 17, 2011

Burning Bridges

So. I hate my job. And I have a new job. But I have four days left at the job I HATE. I didn't realize how much I hated my job until I got the new one. I wouldn't let myself. At this point, I feel like...okay I'm going into metaphor mode...
I bought a pair of shoes out of necessity, I didn't really like them, but I needed them. They never really fit right and I've been looking for a new, affordable pair ever since. I recently discovered a new pair of shoes; I haven't tried them on or anything, but they look a hell of a lot better than my last pair. So at this point, I'm wearing the old shoes and I'm trying to decide if I should maybe just toss them and walk barefoot for a few miles until I get the new shoes. It's risky; I can't see the road ahead, it could be full of broken glass! But it could be so much easier than walking in these uncomfortable, crappy, ugly shoes. If this wasn't a metaphor, I would totally toss the old shoes and go barefoot. Fuck broken glass.

Fuck broken glass.

This has nothing to do with my post.

No comments:

Post a Comment